- Donations and legacies
- Support for groups
- Directory of local groups
- Funding opportunities
- Toolkits and reports
- Wakefield Assembly
- Events calendar
- Jobs & volunteering
- Contact us
Voluntary Action Wakefield District
Voluntary Action Wakefield District (VAWD) provides services and support to voluntary and community groups to enable them to develop and deliver their work in the community in the best possible way.
We do this by:
- supporting groups' development and providing training
- helping groups to communicate with each other and statutory agencies, and promote their work
- enabling groups to have a stronger, more co-ordinated voice in strategic planning
- helping groups to recruit and retain volunteers.
We work closely with our partners to provide the best possible support and respond to the needs of local groups.
Examples of the support we offer to groups is helping them to search for funding, become a registered charity, organise a committee, work in partnership with others, promote and evaluate their work, develop their learning, and recruit volunteers.
We have been supporting groups in Wakefield District for around 50 years.
If you are a local voluntary and community organisation and would like some support, please contact us.
If you would like to donate to VAWD and support this important work, please visit our donations page.