- Donations and legacies
- Support for groups
- Directory of local groups
- Funding opportunities
- Toolkits and reports
- Wakefield Assembly
- Events calendar
- Jobs & volunteering
- Contact us
Robust policies are good practice for any voluntary and community organisations and, in some circumstances, are a legal requirement. Policies are also a requirement for funders.
The benefits of having robust policies include that they:
- demonstrate to potential funders and other stakeholders that your voluntary and community organisation operates in a professional way
- protect your client group and your organisation
- help to ensure that everyone is clear about rules and regulations
- protect you when something goes wrong, there is an accident or you receive a complaint.
Some of the main policies developed by the group development team alongside voluntary and community organisations include:
- child protection and safeguarding
- health and safety
- working with volunteers
- financial management
- employment law
- equality and diversity.
Do you need help to develop policies and procedures for your voluntary and community organisation? Contact Voluntary Action Wakefield District for more information and advice.