- Donations and legacies
- Support for groups
- Directory of local groups
- Funding opportunities
- Toolkits and reports
- Wakefield Assembly
- Events calendar
- Jobs & volunteering
- Contact us
A range of resources can be found at the publications section of the Pay and Employment Rights Service (PERS) website, including:
- model policies and forms
- action packs and toolkits.
There is a lot of employment law and it can be hard to keep up to date, creating pitfalls for current and potential employers. Some of the issues voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups should look out for are:
Legislation referring to:
- health and safety
- employment rights, eg breaks, pay, notice, holidays and special leave, such as parental or dependant’s leave
- written statement of employment particulars (contract)
- data protection
Best practice with reference to:
- managing performance and absence
- ending the contract, eg redundancy
- work life balance
- employment documents, such as hand books and policies.
The Pay and Employment Rights Service (PERS) can help VCS groups with all of the above through its telephone advice line, training courses and its consultancy service. If things do go wrong, PERS also offers a mediation service.
PERS will advise on all workplace issues, whether small queries or major disputes, for both workers and employers in the VCS in West Yorkshire.
Contact PERS at: PERS, 513 Bradford Road, Batley, WF17 8LL or telephone 01924 428030.
Find out more about PERS services and who can access them on its website at www.pers.org.uk