- Donations and legacies
- Support for groups
- Directory of local groups
- Funding opportunities
- Toolkits and reports
- Wakefield Assembly
- Events calendar
- Jobs & volunteering
- Contact us
Wakefield District's first volunteer recruitment fair rolls into Wakefield on 7 June 2013
05 June 2013
(Expiry date: 07 June 2013 )
Wakefield District Volunteering Forum
07 May 2013
(Expiry date: 22 May 2013 )
Creating Stronger Voices leadership programme resource pack now available
09 April 2013
NAVCA publish Transforming Local Infrastructure analysis
21 March 2013
Job opportunity: NOVA Communications Manager at Voluntary Action Wakefield District
15 February 2013
(Expiry date: 04 March 2013 )
Advanced Leadership Training - Thursday 14 March 2013
15 February 2013
(Expiry date: 13 March 2013 )
NOVA Update - Capacity Building the Voluntary Sector, 2013 and beyond
07 February 2013
NOVA: New Opportunities for Voluntary Action is an exciting new programme to improve the support offered to voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups. It is designed to create a single access point to high quality, professional services to ensure long-term viability of Wakefield District's VCS. NOVA's outcomes are to:
- develop a new infrastructure support framework for the District bringing together capacity building, voice and delivery through a VCS infrastructure hub.
- develop targeted support to groups to improve their ability to engage in longer term planning to secure funding, deliver services and develop quality provision.
- build the voice and influence of the VCS through the Wakefield Assembly to develop stronger relationships with public and private sector in order to improve commissioning and partnership working.
- develop a cross-sector volunteer strategy for the district in order to improve the range of volunteering opportunities, volunteer development and volunteer involvement in the delivery of services.
There is a small partnership to manage and deliver the NOVA project including, Voluntary Action Wakefield District (lead organisation), Young Lives Consortium, Wakefield District Wellbeing Consortium, Wakefield Assembly, fit4funding, West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service, Pay & Employment Rights Service (Yorkshire) Limited and Community Foundation for Wakefield District.
The NOVA project is funded by the Transforming Local Infrastructure (TLI) programme, which was established by the Office for Civil Society.
For more information about NOVA, contact the NOVA Project Manager Debbie Heath at Voluntary Action Wakefield District on 01924 367418 or contact us via our web based form.